Mitacs Elevate is now accepting applications for two-year postdoctoral funding:
- $60,000 annual award (plus $7,500 per year non-cash value in training)
- Exclusive, customized professional development training
- Long-term collaborative research project with a non-academic partner
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline
- A minimum one-year research project (normally two years in duration) with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows divide their time between their partner organization project and university-based research with their faculty supervisor.
- Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest declaration: June 13, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- Intent to Apply is not required to submit an application
- Pre-review of draft applications: June 27, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- Application: July 11, 2018, at 1 p.m. PT
- Results announced: November 2018
- Projects must start by February 6, 2019