Submissions are now being accepted for the 2018 CRTC Prize for Excellence in Policy Research!
Co-sponsored by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and the Canadian Communications Association (CCA), the Prize is awarded on an annual basis to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers whose work contributes to the advancement of research on emerging issues in communication studies.
The objective of the CRTC is to help ensure that Canadians have access to a world-class communications system. In order that its regulatory solutions may be innovative, relevant, and effective, it collaborates regularly with stakeholders both domestically and internationally to gather information on trends and policy issues in the communication landscape.
The CRTC Prize for Excellence in Policy Research seeks to encourage a new generation of researchers to contribute to Canada’s public policy development in this area. Canadian graduate students and post-doctoral researchers at universities in Canada and abroad are encouraged to submit papers on cross-cutting themes in Canadian information and communication policy studies.
The submission deadline for the 2018 Prize is: Friday, January 26, 2018
- Monetary awards in three categories:
- PhD candidates: $2,500
- Master’s degree candidates: $1,500
- Postdoctoral researchers: $1,000
- Travel to the 2018 CCA Conference in Regina and the 2018 conference of the Canadian chapter of the International Institute of Communications (IIC) in Ottawa
- Publication of winning papers in both official languages on the CRTC website
- Presentation of winning papers before CRTC Commissioners and other federal policy makers
The complete terms and conditions of the Prize may be found here.