Service requests are electronic requests submitted by graduate students to their supervisors or faculty.
The Service Request application is intended for students who wish to submit electronic requests and documents to be reviewed and/or processed by their supervisor or academic unit.
When submitting a Service Request all attachments must be scanned and saved as PDFs. If you submit a picture of your document or save it as a jpeg, we will be forced to refuse your Service Request and ask you to resubmit the request.
Here are some tips to navigate through uoZone and service request:
How can I access my service requests
- From the uoZone Applications tab, click Service Requests.
- The My Service Requests screen is displayed. If you have not yet created a service request, the service request table will be empty.
How to create a Service Request
- In your uoZone Applications tab, select Service Requests.
- Form the My Service Requests screen, click New Request.
- Under Select a request Category, click on Research related or General and click Next.
- Select the service request you would like to create and click Next.
- Under File Attachments, click add attachment (if you need to add one), select the attachment to add and click upload.
- Enter your comment in the Comment: box.
- Click Submit.
How to access the Faculty of Law forms
- From the Student Hub, under academic matters, choose your program of study.
- Click the form title to open it, then complete the electronic form and save it. Once you have completed the form you can attach it to a service request, if necessary.
How to view or update my Service Requests
- From the Applications tab in uoZone, click Service Requests.
- Your Service Requests are displayed in a table with the following columns: Request Number, Request Type, Request Subtype, Request Date, Status and Status Date.
- The following navigation options are available at the top of the service request table
- Personalize: choose how your Service Requests are displayed
- Find: access specific requests you have created (when many are displayed)
- View All: display all your Service Requests To view more information about a service request or to update it, click the desired request in the Request Type column
- My Request Detail displays your service request. From this screen, you can view, add or update comments and view attachments submitted with the request.
- To add a comment, click add comment; to update a previous comment, click update last comment.
- To view the content of an attachment submitted with a request, click View next to the desired attachment.
- To save your modifications, click Save or click Cancel to return to the My Service Requests screen.
For more information, see the complete Service Request Guide