In Ontario, instead of applying separately to each university you’re interested in, you only make one application, through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
OUAC is not part of the University of Ottawa. It handles applications to Ontario universities and will transfer your application to us.
1. The first step is to create an OUAC account (if you don’t already have one).
You will then have access to the University of Ottawa’s admission form.
2. Once you are connected to your OUAC account, you will have to:
Enter your personal information
Make sure to enter a valid email to receive future communications from the University.
If you already have a uOttawa email address, all communication will be sent directly to this address. To reactivate your email account, make a Service Desk Request.
Enter all required academic information for your admission file
- Declare all university diploma that you have completed. You have to list all the universities that you have attended.
- Indicate the result of your language test, if necessary.
Letters of references.
The names and e-mail addresses of your referees are not added to your OUAC admissions' application. You will have to add them to your uoZone account (Student Portal).
Follow these steps to add your referees to your admission file:
- Login into your uoZone (Student Portal) to access your admission file.
- Go to “Admission file” and click on your program.
- You will be redirected to a list of required documents, in which you will find a link to add your referees. Make sure that all the information on your referees is exact.
- Once you have completed these steps, they will receive an email from the University within 1 to 3 business days with the procedure on how to fill out the electronic recommendation form. They will have 10 business days to complete the form.
- If you have difficulty accessing your account, make a Service Desk request.